One of the most efficient tools in modern marketing is called remarketing. Address visitors again, gain qualified leads through presence and expertise, and move users to targeted conversions after they have already shown interest.
Remarketing on social media - from website visits to personalized ads
The technical basis for remarketing looks quite similar on all platforms. Users visit your website or online store and look at the products there. If the visitors now bounce before the conversion, you can use the Setting a cookie nevertheless stay on the ball.
Without having to collect detailed, personal data, you have the option, relevant advertisements in banners or links to your social media page. This is convenient because you can Reach the right target group and efficientlybecause the targeted group is already a little deeper in the sales funnel. After all, your page has already been visited once.
Facebook and LinkedIn handle remarketing somewhat differently, however, and this is primarily for structural reasons. Facebook is primarily a Platform for private individuals, even though the professional component has become more important in many industries. LinkedIn primarily serves professional networking and is a service that is not based on ads alone. For this reason alone, the scope of remarketing options on Facebook is greater than on LinkedIn. For videos, for example, Facebook offers options to exclude users who bounced shortly after clicking. And, of course, you can refine your remarketing as much as you like.
Retargeting on Facebook: All steps at a glance
Facebook offers you probably the widest range of tools to precisely target your remarketing strategy. However, you also have the best chances of burning too much budget here if you are not yet very familiar with Facebook's tools and analytics.
From a purely technical point of view, remarketing on Facebook works in exactly the same way as creating ads for new audiences. So if you're already familiar with Facebook Ads, there's nothing standing in the way of a quick start. And this is how it works:
As a rule, you want to Facebook Pixel use, these will be implemented on your page. The good thing is that all actions and displayed banners on Facebook are also stored in the pixel. So you know which customers already know which banner ads and which ads the Highest CTR have with these users. Your remarketing on social media will thus more targeted, personalized and does not disturb by constant repetition.
Next, create a Custom Audience and specify which actions you would like to retarget. This could be visiting the homepage, viewing product details, or adding to cart. This way, you create ads that are relevant to users and their position in the sales funnel.
- With Dynamic Ads on Facebook (or Instagram and Messenger) you put Individual signals for users. For example, if you launch a summer sale, customers will see the exact T-shirt that is in their shopping cart in the ad. You can also use sponsored messages about discounts and promotions as an ad type.
- In the last step follow Analysis and optimization. Facebook Analytics gives you a pretty simple overview of the performance of your ads helps you further refine your remarketing.
Is LinkedIn best platform for B2B remarketing?
Basically, LinkedIn is a different beast than Facebook. If you are looking for customers here for conversions in high numbers, you are not doing the platform justice. LinkedIn is definitely the better choice for B2B marketing, or to retarget specialized personnel in a targeted mannerwho have viewed a job offer on your page. If your target group can be found on LinkedIn, nothing stands in the way of a remarketing campaign. By the way, this also applies to B2C marketing - at least with the right products. These include professional software, office or home office equipment and, of course, courses and webinars around professional know-how.
- Analogous to the use of the Facebook pixel, you use on your website a LinkedIn Pixel. Of course, you can also use both, the Facebook pixel for example in the online store and the LinkedIn pixel in the Intra-industry content marketing and for job applications.
Functionally, the LinkedIn Pixel does not differ from the Facebook Pixel.
- The next step is to work in the Campaign Manager on LinkedIn and select a suitable audience for your campaign. Under Account Assets and Matched Audiences, you'll find the Create Audience feature. You can create audiences for your website, Lead Gen Forms, or video ads.
- The Insight Tag from LinkedIn not only helps you track conversions, but also provides you with information about your target audience's professional goals, qualifications, and preferred content. So you can see very quickly whether your remarketing is working or not.
- On LinkedIn you need to Have target groups developed. This can take up to 48 hours, but depends on your Range off. The more LinkedIn users visit your page, the faster your target groups are developed. Your advantage? You thus create via your remarketing on social media Clearly defined target groupswhich you can also use for other ad formats.
LinkedIn or Facebook - which remarketing you should use on social media
From a technical and functional perspective, creating remarketing campaigns on LinkedIn and Facebook is quite similar. On both platforms they have many tools for analysis, optimization and customized content and use a pixel on your website or landing page.
The biggest differences, however, can be found in the Target groups of both platforms. While it can be assumed that many visitors to your website have an active Facebook account, this does not have to be the case with LinkedIn. Here, it depends more on your industry and target audience. Professional Content MarketingA focus on B2B or the search for specialist personnel need remarketing via a provider such as LinkedIn. Facebook, on the other hand, is usually the better choice for online stores and B2C companies. Which is not to say, of course, that you can't fill vacancies via Facebook or Instagram.
Remarketing on social media requires tact and practice.
Take the next step by downloading our whitepaper. Here you will find all Information about modern online marketing and learn more about exciting topics related to remarketing, social media and strategies beyond traditional advertising.
Of course we are also at your disposal personally to the side and give your company the decisive impetus for a creative digital change of perspective.l. Ask our services non-binding and we will advise you comprehensively and competently. Whatever your marketing strategy will look like in the future, with efficient retargeting, the analyses and data of the social networks and a lot of tact, you can set targeted impulses with remarketing.